Thursday 10 December 2009

Homemade prints from medium format camera shoot
















Some miniature prints from my first shoot on the Mimaya RZ67 Medium Format camera. Getting to grips with using the camera and experimenting with how the style of image varied from the Holga images.

The first film was shot in the garden using Vicky as a model,.. using similar shots to those I had done before but trying to vary the perspective and scale as suggested in my crit. This was much easier using the Medium Format as it allowed me to get up close which the Holga did not. The second shoot was in the park,.. based on some of the quotes e.g. "the waist size of a size 0 skirt is the average size for an 8 year old girl".

I developed the negs today but had no time to print so decided to try printing some at home in a little darkroom experiment under my desk using an angle poise lamp. I really like the resulting images, the size and format has a really nice feel to it. Will try to print some of the images properly tomorrow in the darkroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment