Thursday 14 January 2010









A few images off a film I didn't think I'd be able to use. This was a colour film which I took in London and Winchester showing people wearing the mask in crowded places. I wanted to create a sense of a person who felt isolated as others swarmed around them. The lightning was poor and a lot of the shots were using long exposures which is difficult to judge on a Holga so when I was unable to scan the film I decided just to abandon it. Then I decided to see if I could make any black and white prints in the darkroom and came up with these. Although none of the images were hugely successful I do like the effect of the ghostly moving people all around, and this is an idea I might have developed further if I had more time on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment